Technology and data-centric approach to improve policy making outcomes
The ‘Wadhwani Institute of Technology and Policy (WITP)’ works as a Knowledge and Implementation Partner to build the policy making capacities of senior policy makers, bureaucrats and technocrats with knowledge papers, studies, analytical pieces and training programs on core emerging technologies.
WITP follows a four-fold technology-centric policy approach to improve outcomes:
- Data as the foundation for Technology Policy and Strategy.
- Categorizing various sources of data available within the government and collating data sets
- Classification of datasets based on potential use-cases, quality, completeness, currency and recommendation on how to improve it
- Governance and security of data
- Application of AI models & solutions for transformative changes.
- Focus on emerging technologies like AI, Blockchain, Drone Technology, Autonomous Vehicles, Augmented Reality, 3D printing, etc.
- Execute pilot projects in strategic areas using emerging technologies as stated above towards improved service delivery and inclusive policies.