Aim of the Awards
- To showcase the best of innovations within Government departments leveraging emerging technologies towards better governance.
- To showcase the ecosystem and offerings of start-ups working in the GovTech and CivTech vertical that governments can leverage.
Purpose of the Awards
- To encourage the use of emerging technologies in Governance and Social Impact Projects.
- To keep up with the growth in economy, adoption and embracing of next gen technologies
- Recognize achievements within Government departments leveraging emerging technologies towards better governance.
- Disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing sustainable innovation on emerging technologies towards better governance.
- Promote and exchange experiences in solving problems, mitigating risks, resolving issues and planning for success.
- To award leapfrogging states, union territories and local self-government in India.
Who can apply?
|Category 1||Category 2|
|Central Ministries / Departments||Startups|
|State / UT Governments|
|Local Self Government (Municipalities)|
For 2023, TechGov will feature the top three initiatives by State Governments that are leveraging Emerging Technology, along with one start-up offering an outstanding GovTech / CivTech Solution.
We aim to expand the number and category of awards in future years in specific areas such as AI, BlockChain, Augmented Reality etc.
This will be an ongoing award for the next few years.